Crystal Cox/Business Insider
To export contacts from Microsoft Outlook, you’ll need to use Outlook’s “Export to a file” feature.
Exporting your Outlook contacts is a great way to backup your contact information, and add it to other platforms like Microsoft Excel.
Once you export your contacts, Outlook will put them into a .csv file, which can be opened in other programs.
No matter what device or service you’re using, it’s a good idea to backup your data often. This includes Microsoft Outlook.
It’s easy to backup your Outlook contacts by exporting them. With your contacts exported, even if you lose your Outlook account, you won’t lose any of your contacts.
Another good reason to export Outlook contacts is to add them to other platforms, such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or another email service.
Here’s how to export contacts from Outlook manually, using the Outlook app for Mac and PC.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to export contacts from Outlook
1. Open Outlook and click the “File” tab at the top-left of the screen, then click “Open & Export” near the top of the left menu on the next screen.
2. Click “Import/Export” on the next screen, then select “Export to a file” in the popup window.
Steven John/Business Insider
3. On the next window, select “Export to a file”, then hit “Next.”
4. Select “Comma Separated Values.”
5. If need be, choose the Outlook account in question on the next popup (assuming you have multiple Outlook-linked accounts) and then choose “Contacts” under the account from which you’re exporting, then hit “Next.”
6. Name the file you’ll create and choose the location you want to save it to, which should usually be the desktop, then hit “OK.”
7. Click “Finish” then “OK.”
Outlook will save your contacts as a .csv file. This file can be opened in a number of different programs, including Excel, Google Sheets, and more.
Read the original article on Business Insider