Members of Buckeye Career Center’s Business Professionals of America chapter recently competed the regional competition, with many qualifying for the BPA conference.
The region eight regional competition was held at Kent State Tuscarawas Jan. 12. Many of these students qualified in more than one category but BPA rules allow them to compete in only one category at the state level. The state competition will be held March 10, 2022 in Columbus.
The students are instructed by Bill Alexander (Computer Technology/Network Systems), Heather Iwrin (Business & Marketing), Nancy Alam (Garaway Accounting), and Amy Stauffer-McNutt (Buckeye Business Academy at East Holmes).
BCC Main Campus Computer Technology/Network Systems
• Computer Network Technology: 1st place, Julio Sica-Perez* (TCC); 2nd place, Xavier Pittman* (Claymont)
• Computer Security: 1st place, Josh Fernandez* (Strasburg); 2nd place, Josh Owens* (Tusky Valley)
• Device Configuration and Troubleshooting: 1st place, Liam Grasselli* (Dover); 2nd place, Stephen Ross* (New Phila)
• Linux: 1st place, Christopher Ferguson* (Conotton Valley); 2nd place, Michael Aruajo* (New Phila)
• Network Administration Using Cisco: 1st place, Lexi Dyrlund* (Tusky Valley); 2nd place, Stanley Rotoski* (Conotton Valley)
Server Administration Using Microsoft: 1st place, Benjamin Stoffer* (Dover); 2nd place, Austin Leatherman* (Strasburg)
BCC Main Campus Business & Marketing
• Extemporaneous Speech: 2nd place, Eric Short (Strasburg)
• Personal Finance Management: 5th place, Eric Short (Strasburg)
• Prepared Speech: 2nd place, Katie Schaar (Conotton Valley)
• Graphic Design Promotion: 3rd place, Mya Hanks (Claymont)
• Podcast Production Team: 4th place, Cooper Amelung (Tusky Valley), Triska Leslie (New Phila), and Zoey Rennicker (Strasburg)
• Business Law & Ethics: 5th place, Ty Cook (New Phila)
Buckeye Business Academy at East Holmes Campus
• Fundamental Accounting: 1st place, Mari Beth Yoder; 2nd place, Heidi Troyer*; 3rd place, Ada Barkman; 4th place, Rosetta Erb*; 5th place, Ava Yoder.
• Advanced Accounting: 1st place, Alayna Yoder
• Fundamental Word Processing: 3rd place, Eva Yoder
Advanced Word Processing: 1st place, Alayna Yoder
Integrated Office Applications: 1st place, Jolene Yoder
Basic Office Systems & Procedures: 1st place, Ada Barkman; 2nd place, Mari Beth Yoder; 3rd place, Ava Yoder*; 4th place, Rosetta Erb.
• Fundamental Spreadsheet Applications: 2nd place, Heidi Troyer
• Advanced Spreadsheet Applications: 1st place, Alayna Yoder*
• Database Applications: 1st place, Alayna Yoder ; 2nd place, Jolene Yoder*
• Administrative Support Concepts: 1st place, Eva Yoder; 2nd place, Ava Yoder
• Fundamental Desktop Publishing: 3rd place, Jolene Yoder
• Entrepreneurship: 1st place, Rosetta Erb
Small Business Management Team: 1st place, Ada Barkman*, Eva Yoder*, and Mari Beth Yoder*
• Interview Skills: 1st place, Heidi Troyer
Garaway Accounting Course
• Payroll Accounting: 1st place, Heinrich Asbury*; 2nd place, Bobby Palmer*; 3rd place, Winston Lahm.
• Banking & Finance: 1st place, Bobby Palmer; 2nd place, Heinrich Asbury; 3rd place, Arin Frey; 4th place, Dylan Gribble; 5th place, Kaylie Raber; 6th place, Ava Miller*.
Personal Financial Management: 1st place, Bobby Palmer; 2nd place, Heinrich Asbury; 3rd place, Winston Lahm*; 4th place, Arin Frey; 5th place, Dylan Gribble; 7th place, Kaylie Raber*.
Financial Math & Analysis: 1st place, Bobby Palmer; 2nd place, Heinrich Asbury; 5th place, Dylan Gribble.
*denotes state qualifier
— Submitted by Buckeye Career Center
This article originally appeared on The Times-Reporter: Buckeye Career Center BPA students compete at regionals