What could you get if money were no object?
Your chances of winning the lottery are roughly 1 in 14 million. So, they’re pretty slim. But, what would you do if you were the holder of that lucky 1 in 14 million ticket? Just think about it – no more worrying about fuel bills, rent or loan repayments on your guarantor loans or doorstep loans – imagine if they were a thing of the past?
Just in case you’re ever in that position, here are 10 things you could buy if you won the lottery.
- A new home. Property prices are unaffordable for many these days but if you won the lottery you could buy a new home mortgage-free. In fact, you could probably buy several.
- Art. We’re talking famous, world-renowned art here. For example, if you’d won a jackpot of 33 million you could buy 6% of the Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci (if it’s for sale..).
- A private island. If you’re sick of not being able to find a spot on the beach for your sun lounger or suffering the queues for the bar when you go on holiday, winning the lottery could change all that. There are private islands for sale all over the world for around $100,000 so you’ll never have to share your sunsets again.
- A private jet. Air travel has enabled us to see the world but today it’s often a less than comfortable experience on a commercial plane. Not so if you have your own private jet, as you can set your own routes, choose your travel times and you won’t have to share the cabin either. Annual running costs come in at $700,000 to $4 million.
- Diamonds. They hold their value like few other items, they look fantastic and nothing says “I’ve won the lottery” more than a flashy piece of jewellery. Whether you buy a tiara or a whopping diamond ring like the 24.78-carat Graff Pink, which sold for $46.2 million at auction, diamonds are a lottery winner’s best friend.
- An Aston Martin AM-RB 001. Or any high value roadster. This one in particular is a street legal racer, developed with Red Bull racing and worth $3.9 million when it is released later in 2018.
- A flight to the moon. With a lottery win you can travel all over the world – and off it too. A flight to the moon with Virgin Galactic will cost you just $250,000 so it’s the ideal weekend getaway for a recently minted lottery millionaire.
- A washing machine. Doesn’t sound like the most glamorous of buys but a survey by Pixmania.com found that this is the most common first purchase that new lottery winners make.
- Stocks and shares. Investing in the stock market could turn millions into billions and so it’s tempting for the newly rich. However, be wary as this is one of the fastest ways to lose your new cash if you don’t know what you’re doing.
- A survival condo. No really, many people believe Doomsday is coming and if that’s you then for a cool $2 million per floor you’ll get an underground luxury bomb shelter, complete with movie theatre and pool.